The Importance of Optimizing Content
Content does wonders for your blog posts for a few reasons. The first is simply because it’s helpful for your customers to get information about your business. The reason why it matters for SEO is that your website won’t rank in Google (and other search engines) without it. One key piece to this is adding relevant keywords to your content. Without keywords, your website won’t appear in a search. When the search engine crawls your website, it has no keywords to ping.
Content That is Well Written
It’s important to find a balance between creating content that is keyword rich and also easily readable for your audience. “Keyword Stuffing” is exactly what it sounds like: stuffing as many keywords as possible into the content of your site. Search engines will detect this, and won’t rank your website if you have too many keywords in one blog post.
When you have a blog post that is well written, descriptive, and easy to read, you most likely will be able to add keywords into the in a way that will see natural. This in turn will offer better value to visitors to your site while also optimizing ranking in searches.
Your SEO to do list:
- Semantically related words: Different variations of your keywords can help broaden the search readability.
- Content length: Making sure your content is 300-600 words is ideal for blog posts and general website copy. Forbes has a good article on this as well.
- Content readability score: Yoast is a great plugin to use to check this. It will give you a score to let you know if your content is easily readable.
- Backlinks: Linking to other websites. This can include your social media profiles
- Keywords in title, meta, H1, body tags
- Keyword stuffing in title, meta, H1, body tags
- Bounce rate
- Time on page
- Page load time
Hopefully these tips help to give you a head start on learning and mastering the art of search engine optimization!